What you need
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 TBS virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Copra Coconut Water
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 TBS finely chopped garlic
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2 in. wide strips
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
step by step
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, and rub all over with 1/2 tsp salt and paprika.
- Melt 1 TBS coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high. *Note to not clean the skillet between steps for the best tasting accumulated pan juices.
- While oil simmers, add chicken, rounded side down. Cook until browned. If using a thermometer, it should register 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken to a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, sliding skillet off heat to cool if needed, and add 1/4 cup coconut water.
- Cook, without stirring, until liquid reduces to about 2 1/2 TBS, about 1 min.
- Pour pan sauce over chicken.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil, shallot and garlic to skillet.
- Sauté over medium until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add snap peas and bell pepper.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until hot for 1 minute.
- Splash in remaining coconut water while cooking the vegetables until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat. Slice chicken and serve with vegetables.
*Adapted from CookingLight